If you are considering studying in Canada you should consider Humber College for a variety of reasons that will be explored in detail later in this essay. As an international student, you will most likely wish to become acquainted with certain key facts regarding this college. We will highlight particular information in this post, such as Humber college programs, scholarships, and so on.
We hope you found this article to be informative.
About Humber College
The Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, commonly referred to as Humber College. This institution is publicly financed and was founded in 1967 with three main campuses, namely the Lakeshore campus, Humber North campus, and Humber Orangeville campus.
Humber College has over 200 programs to choose including bachelor’s degrees, postgraduate certificates, and apprenticeships. Aside from all of these courses, Humber College also offers Bridge Training programs for globally qualified professionals in the information technology and engineering sectors.
The North Campus of the university, which is adjacent to the Humber River, has over 19,000 full-time students, with 1,000 of them living on campus. Health Sciences, Liberal Arts, Media Studies, Applied Technology, Business, and Hospitality & Tourism are among the major courses offered in both full-time and part-time.
More than 10,600 full-time students attend Humber College’s Lakeshore campus, which is located along Lake Ontario’s shoreline, with 400 of them living on campus. Six Wi-Fi classrooms, a computer lab, an on-site fitness center with a swimming pool, a food court, two hockey rinks, a library, and a cafeteria are available at the institution’s Orangeville campus. However, students in the two other campuses have access to the same choice of amenities.
The Fashion Institute at Humber College provides a perfect setting for students interested in pursuing careers in the fashion and beauty industries. Humber College’s collaborative and applied research activities provide excellent learning opportunities for students. The majority of Humber’s programs include a component of practical experience, such as an internship or field placement.
What are the Benefits of Attending Humber College?
- Programs: Humber College provides over 190 full-time programs in over 40 different areas, ranging from certificate programs to diploma programs to ESL programs to degrees. The college is known for providing career-relevant information.
- Attainable Admission Requirements: International applicants are welcome to apply for admission to Humber College in February. International applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 75 percent in academics and an IELTS score of 6.0-7.5
- Affordability: The university’s tuition fees range from 17,840 to 22,580 Canadian dollars, or roughly 10 to 12.91 lakhs. These expenses can be managed with the help of Humber’s scholarships for international students.
- Placements: According to the annual report for 2021, approximately 85 percent of Humber College graduates were employed within six months after graduation. In addition, 75% of Humber College’s programs guarantee job placement, demonstrating the value of a Humber College diploma.
- High Ranking: Humber College is placed seventh among Canada’s top 50 research colleges. The college is the first in Ontario to receive a silver rating from the Sustainability Tracking Assessment Rating System. Humber College’s collaborative and applied research activities provide excellent learning opportunities for students.
- Student Diversity: In the 2019-20 academic year, Humber College has about 33,000 full-time students and 23,000 part-time students enrolled. There are around 6,500 international students from 130 countries represented in this group. Humber College has been a global pioneer in providing career-oriented courses to thousands of students from all over the world for over 50 years.
Humber College Programs for International Students
For international students, Humber College offers over 190 full-time courses in 140 different fields. Some of the popular programs in the university include programming, business management, business administration, etc.
The programming program at Humber College is one of the most popular among international students. Both domestic and international students can enroll in Humber College undergraduate programs and PG diploma programs. Master’s programs at Humber College in Canada are available in a variety of fields, including business management, global business management, and business administration.
Humber College online programs are available in a variety of fields and provide students from all around the world with flexible and convenient study opportunities. These Humber College online courses are offered through digital classrooms and other resources by some of the best professors in many professions. The following are some of the most popular Humber College courses for international students:
- Applied Technology and Engineering
- Business, Accounting, and Management
- Children and Youth
- Community and Social Services
- Creative Arts and Design
- Emergency Services
- Fashion and Esthetics
- Foundations and Language Training
- Health and Wellness
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information, Computer, and Digital Technology
- International Development
- Justice and Legal Studies
- Media, Public Relations and Marketing
- Music and Performing Arts
- Skilled Trades and Apprenticeships
Humber College Program – Undergraduate
Undergraduate programs at Humber College are available in a variety of subjects to both domestic and international students from all over the world. Undergraduate degrees at Humber College are available in a variety of professions, including advertising, healthcare, journalism, and more. One of the most popular Humber College programs is the interior design degree, which is offered at the undergraduate level. Other popular undergraduate programs are;
- Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in International Business
- Bachelor of Commerce in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing
PG Diploma Programs at Humber College
Postgraduate programs at Humber College are available in the form of a PG diploma. The Humber College business management diploma takes a hands-on, skills-based approach to learning more about business management and incorporates the principles of business management disciplines into the curriculum. Humber also offers postgraduate degrees in a variety of fields, including health, nutrition, engineering, and others. The following are some of the postgraduate programs offered by Humber College:
- Diploma in Fitness and Health Promotion
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technician
- Diploma in Biotechnology
- Diploma in Community and Justice Services
Graduate Certificate Programs at Humber College
At the graduate level, Humber College offers certificate programs in journalism, business, and other fields. Humber College’s global business management graduate certificate prepares students for careers in financial planning, human resource management, and other areas of business management. The following are some of the Humber College graduate certificate programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Software Development
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Journalism
- Graduate Certificate in Global Business Management
Humber College Rankings
Humber College is one of Canada’s most prestigious educational institutions. Over 190 Humber College degree programs are available in fields like medicine, engineering, and more. Several national and international ranking agencies have placed Humber College among the best in the country. Humber College’s rankings are determined by a number of elements, including employment rate, funding and endowment, reputation, and so on. The following are some of the Humber College rankings awarded by various ranking agencies:
- Ranked #20 among Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges for Applied Research and Innovation by Webometrics Ranking Report.
- Ranked among Canada’s top colleges in the field of research partnerships and paid student researcher.
- Ranked #71 in Canada by Webometrics Ranking Report.
Humber College Admission for International Students
Every international applicant (from non-English speaking countries) must demonstrate English proficiency by taking one of the English proficiency tests, such as the IELTS Academic exam, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English (Academic), CAEL test, or online Duolingo English test, in order to be considered for a program at Humber College.
For certificate and degree programs, Humber College requires scanned copies of genuine verified secondary school graduation transcripts. The college requires scanned copies of Transcripts of Study from any college or university for postgraduate and degree programs.
If the international applicants are in their final year of high school or college/university, they must submit a letter from the institution specifying the program’s completion.
All documents submitted must be accompanied by a notarized, official translation into English by the applicants (where applicable).
Note that certain programs in Humber College may demand extra materials such as a portfolio, audition, letter of purpose, writing samples, references, and so on. It is strongly advised that applicants review the specific requirements listed on the college’s official website.
Humber College Application Process and Timeline
International applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of CAD 75 by credit card to apply to Humber College.
Humber College accepts applications for the Fall, Winter, and Spring semesters. The application process typically begins in mid-October, and all applications received by February 1 are given equal weight in the admissions process. However, applications received after February 1 will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis based on seat availability.
Humber College begins accepting applications on February 1. By May 1, the selected candidates must submit confirmation of their offer. After May 1, admission offers will have a set deadline for confirmation. Tuition deposits must be submitted by late June for students applying for the Fall term. Tuition deposits are required in late November and early March for the Winter and Spring semesters, respectively.
The following are the steps in the Humber College application process:
- Begin the application process by completing the Humber College International Student Application
- Complete all sections of the application
- Complete the admission requirements by submitting scanned copies of relevant papers according to the desired course
- Secure a place by confirming interest in the college and paying tuition costs after receiving the letter of acceptance.
Humber College Tuition and Fees
When international students enroll in any of the college’s programs, they must pay a health insurance cost in addition to the tuition. For programs beginning in the Fall, Winter, or Summer, the health insurance fee is CAD 420, CAD 280, and CAD 140, respectively.
The following is a program-specific yearly estimate of tuition fees, including health insurance, for the years 2020-2021:
Program Fees for Annual Tuition (in CAD)
- 15,874.00 – 14,502.50 for diploma program
- 18,910.00 – 19,807.00 for Bachelor’s Degree Program
- 9,690.52 – 23,601.00 for Certificate of Achievement
- 18,910.00 – 23,601.00 for Advanced Diploma
- 17,027.00 – 29,500.00 for Ontario Graduate Certificate
- 15,874.00 – 23,601.00 Ontario College Certificate
International students must pay the full amount of first-semester tuition as a tuition deposit in order to secure a seat at Humber College. Prior to registering, students must pay the entire tuition cost.
Financial Aid and Scholarships at Humber College
Humber College awards scholarships to overseas students to celebrate their academic achievements, community involvement, leadership qualities and to help them pay for their education. There are two kinds of scholarships available for international students:
International Entrance Scholarships
This award is offered to students enrolled in Humber College’s diploma, advanced diploma, and graduate certificate programs. This CAD 2,000 merit scholarship is given to ten undergraduate and ten international graduate students who have excelled in their senior year of high school, college, or university.
The scholarship is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to deserving applicants who have accepted and paid the full tuition cost. This award is only available to first-time students participating in full-time academic programs. In order to be considered for this award, international students must submit a personal statement of interest, as well as their GPA and two letters of recommendation.
Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship
These scholarships are available to non-transfer students who are enrolling for undergraduate degrees after graduating from high school. These scholarships range in value from CAD 1,500 to 4,000 and are awarded based on academic accomplishment. Scholarships of this type are also renewable since they can be reissued if students earn an average of 80% or above in each year of their bachelor’s degree.
International students can apply for a range of bursaries at Humber College, which is awarded based on financial need, academic success, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
International students might expect a few rewards depending on their academic and other achievements in addition to scholarships and bursaries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible for International Students to Work While Studying?
International students can work on-campus and off-campus while attending Humber College, as long as they have a valid study permit and Social Insurance Number. Post-secondary international students can work on campus for the school, a faculty member, a student organization, or a private contractor that provides on-campus services to the school. The student can even operate a business on campus.
For off-campus jobs, international students must be full-time students enrolled in at least a six-month post-secondary program. Before the study program begins, students are not permitted to work off-campus. Students who switch to part-time status in the last semester of a full-time program are also permitted to work off-campus. International students can work up to 20 hours per week throughout the ordinary academic year. During specified breaks, a full-time student is permitted to work full-time.
How Many Campuses Does Humber College Have?
There are two primary campuses at Humber College: North Campus and Lakeshore Campus. Apart from these two, there is the Humber Orangeville Campus, which is no longer accepting applications for programs. In addition, Humber College has established the Humber International Graduate School, a new school established in 2021 for international students.
Does Humber College Offer On-campus Housing?
On-campus housing is available at both Humber College campuses, with a total capacity of over 1,450 students. International students can apply to live in residence after being accepted to the college by completing the International Student Residence Application form. Because on-campus housing is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis, international students should apply as soon as feasible. After receiving their room assignment, students must pay a non-refundable deposit of CAD 500 to the Humber Residence Department.
Students can choose between traditional single rooms and suite-style accommodation at North Campus, but only suite-style accommodation is available at Lakeshore Campus. The annual cost of a typical single room is about CAD 6,819, and the cost of a suite is about CAD 6,812.
What Is the Process for Transferring Credits to Humber College?
Students may request transfer credits for equivalent courses in their Humber program if they have successfully completed certain courses at another post-secondary school.
- A minimum grade of 60% in the specific course is necessary to get transfer credit.
- Official transcripts and full course descriptions, as well as the Transfer Credit Application form, must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
- Complete the Course Equivalency form and submit it to the Front Desk at the Office of the Registrar if you have previously completed courses at Humber.
The fee for processing transfer credits is $25 per course and is non-refundable. If you submit three or more courses, you will be charged $75. The fee(s) are non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of the application or the actual courses for which an exemption has been granted.
Humber College assists students in locating programs that they are interested in. If students are having trouble choosing a degree, the Humber Career Finder might be a useful tool in matching their interests to the programs offered at Humber College. The college also provides further assistance by allowing students to connect with a Recruitment Advisor who can assist them with questions about the admissions process. We hope this post on Humber College programs gives you an idea of the right program for you.
- McMaster University Acceptance Rate And Admission
- High Paying Medical Jobs With Little Schooling
- Countries With Free Healthcare And Education
- Master Of Public Health Jobs And Best Public Health Schools